Thursday 30 August 2012

Introducing Sarah Beach

17 August 2012



In 6 days, 7 hours, 7 minutes, and 54 seconds I will experience the biggest day of my life. I have wanted to go to England ever since I can remember. I have had my bags packed for a week. All there is to do now is wait! I am a Communication Major at Western Kentucky University. My course list for this fall includes Shakespeare, Jane Austen, and Choir, along with the required British Studies course. Packing four months into one 30” by 20” by 10” suitcase and one backpack is tricky, let me tell ya! I found some good tips on the internet and ended up rolling everything into tight bundles and securing them with rubber bands. I was able to fit it all in with no trouble. I’ve packed and re-packed three times now. And still...I’m waiting for life to begin! I expect that England may no longer be the mystical land of chivalry and magic that it is in my brain...but then, they will still have plenty of roads built by the Romans (the actual Romans, can you believe it!) and I think I will still be thoroughly impressed. In fact, I may just die with excitement upon landing. Hopefully there will be plenty of other Anglophiles there, who will not mind my shameless enthusiasm. As it is, I can barely sleep at night, because I lie awake and think about how excited I am. Only 6 days, 7 hours, 6 minutes, and 54 seconds to go...53...52...51...

No comments:

Post a Comment