Thursday 30 August 2012

Introducing Courtney Leer


23 August 2012


One More Week…. Yes, one short week until our adventure begins! This is the only thought running through my mind as I lay here in bed, looking at my way too stuffed suitcase filled with clothing know I will have to change my mind on taking later. I can’t believe that in one short week I will be leaving my home in Indiana, driving to Chicago, and boarding a plane for England. I feel like I’m in a dream that is too good to be true. But it’s not a dream, and it’s not too good to be true… It’s happening. I will finally be living the life of a study abroad student. I cannot believe that we will all be living and studying in this beautiful manor... And also traveling around Europe! Could it get any better? No way. What is more exciting than looking forward to all the AMAZING places you get to visit while studying abroad?! Imagine all of the shopping, visiting museums, and drinking you will get to do in Ireland, Scotland, Paris, Italy, London, York, Oxford, etc. Life just doesn’t get much better than that. As I was looking online for traveling tips, I ran across a blog entry from MTV’s “The Buried Life.” One of the boys wrote this bit as he traveled back from Europe, and I feel like it’s perfect for this trip: “The best part about my travels was the mentality I had while on the road. Every obstacle was seen as an adventure, every person met had the potential to be my best friend, every opportunity was taken, every answer was yes. Magic happens when you’re spontaneous. It made for the best month of my life and reminded me of how to live back home. Traveling reminds you how big the world is and how small your problems are. It also has a funny way of reminding you how short life is.”So, as I sit here and continue to stress about all the events coming up in the next short week, I want to remember that the next four months will probably be some of the most exciting, exhilarating, tiring, and memorable months of my life. Looking forward to looking back on these months definitely makes all the planning, packing, and paperwork worth it.

1 comment: