Monday 26 September 2011

Learning: All Together

Coming here, we are all expecting something. We are all expecting to have the time of our lives and to travel the country. But what I didn’t expect was to make so many great friends so quickly. At Harlaxton College, we are given so many opportunities whether it’s just going for a tour of the manor or taking a trip to Paris. Whether in the classroom or not, we are learning so much here and we are all learning it together.

On the first day here, Principal Kingsley gave a speech telling us about what a big red “L” means when it is labeled on something here. It’s means learning. For instance, if you pass a vehicle with a red “L” on it, it means the driver is just learning to drive. Around the manor you will see these “L’s” posted everywhere to remind us that we are “learning all together”. It’s true. Coming here, you expect to learn some things, but what I didn’t really think about is the people I’d be learning with.


Experiencing all of these new amazing things with all these people just brings us so much closer together so much faster. At this point we have been lost in big cities together, figured out how to maneuver our way around the London Tube together, planned trips together, eaten every meal together, and experienced this once in a lifetime opportunity together. We’ve have only been here a month, yet I find myself thinking of some of these new friends as some of my best friends.

It doesn’t matter if you’re going out for a night on the town in Grantham or staying in and having a “Glee” marathon, there’s always someone willing to do it with you. I still have 2 and a half months left here, yet I find myself getting sad when I think about leaving all my new friends. But for now, I’m going to take advantage of the days that I have left!


No comments:

Post a Comment