Sunday 17 April 2011

And So It Ends...

My last few days at the Manor are fast approaching.  I've taken two of my three final exams.  Tonight is our last Sunday Roast.  And packing starts tomorrow.  And I must say, it has been an excellent semester.  Harlaxton really is a great place to meet people and make new friends, both from other colleges and the fourth floor of your old dorm!  It really was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to study here and I'm so glad that I made the choice to!  The fact that Harlaxton really does try to set the school schedule so that we can make the most of our weekends and go travelling is awesome.  True, I will have absolutely no money in either of my accounts when I get back home, but the experiences I had make the expense totally worth it.  I wouldn't go back and undo any of the trips I've taken for the world.  It's not like you can just decide to hop on over to Spain for a weekend in Evansville!  That would require hours upon hours of travelling.  Not here though!  I know people who headed over to Poland for the weekend.  There is so much to do and see in the UK and Europe that I wish I had more time (and money!) so that I could see even more.  Plus, I got to live in a manor.  It's so ornate!  Even when you get used to it, it's still fun to look up from note-taking in one of the state rooms and look around and realize that you are surrounded by all of this stuff!  There's so much detail (and cherubs!) all around.  Looking at it never seems to get old.  I know everyone's experience with studying abroad is different, but it seems like there's one thing that everyone agrees on: It's an amazing experience.  So yes, I am going home soon, but I am not leaving Harlaxton behind; the experiences I've had here will always be with me.  And I don't think any of us here could have asked for more.

1 comment:

  1. This is a very positive and wistful account, Caitlin :)

    ReplyDelete